Bacardi Rum Cake
- 1 cup pecan or walnuts, chopped
- 1 pk yellow cake mix* (18 1/2 oz)
- 1 pk Jell-O Vanilla Instant* - Pudding and Pie Filling - (3 1/4 oz)
- 4 Eggs
- 1/2 cup Cold water
- 1/2 cup cooking oil
- 1/2 cup Bacardi dark rum (80 proof)
- 1/4 lb Butter
- 1/4 c Water
- 1/2 c Bacardi dark rum (80 proof)
- 1 cup sugar
Glaze: Melt butter in saucepan. Stir in water and sugar. Boil 5 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Stir in rum.
Preheat oven to 325?. Grease and flour 10" tube or 12-cup Bundt pan. Sprinkle nuts over bottom of pan. Mix all cake ingredients together. Pour batter over nuts.
Bake 1 hour. Cool. Invert on serving plate. Prick top. Spoon and brush glaze evenly over top and sides. Allow cake to absorb glaze. Repeat until glaze is used up.
*Note: If using yellow cake mix with pudding already in the mix; omit instant pudding, use 3 eggs instead of 4; 1/3 cup oil instead of 1/2.